I currently only offer in-person counseling to my doula clients, however, I do offer breastfeeding counseling via phone and email to answer basic questions, provide suggestions, information, resources, referrals and offer support. Some issues that may require breastfeeding counseling or support:
- Baby is not properly latching-on or breastfeeding well within 24 hours of birth
- Mother is experiencing nipple pain and/or damage
- Mother has engorged breasts, oversupply or forceful letdown
- Baby that does not feed at least 8 times in 24 hours
- Plugged ducts or other concerns
- Returning to work or school
More complicated cases are referred to Board Certified Lactation Consultants, Pediatric Dentists, Otolaryngologists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, and Nutritionists that I personally know and trust.
Please contact me using the form provided below if you are interested in a counseling session.