Welcome! We are two birth doulas and childbirth educators who believe that for women and their partners to feel good about their journey through pregnancy, birth and parenthood, they should have access to evidence-based information, trust their intuition, feel empowered to make conscious choices and be supported without judgment.
Our comprehensive childbirth series offers expecting mamas and couples a unique approach in which information is presented in a without bias or agenda and healthy discussion is encouraged in a relaxed and safe environment. In addition to our formal training, we also share our experiences as mothers and birth doulas and occasionally invite special guest speakers from the birthing community to the class.
Topics covered include:
- Holistic Wellness in Pregnancy & Beyond
- Anatomy & Physiology of Labor & Birth
- Preparing for the Birth Process
- Stages of Labor
- Comfort Measures & Relaxation Techniques
- Medical Interventions & Medications
- Labor & Birthing Positions
- Creating A Birth Wish List
- Welcoming Baby (or Babies!)
- Routine Newborn Procedures
- Postpartum Care & Support
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Transitioning to Parenthood / Family Adjustment
- Making Decisions / Conscious Consumerism
Class Format: Five week series ~ Each class is 2.5 hours (12.5 hours total class time)
Next Series: Saturdays from May 4, 2013 to June 1, 2013
Time: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Location: Studio City, CA
We are also available via phone and email to answer questions, give referrals as needed, and provide support! To learn more about us, check out Meet the Educators.
To reserve your place in this class series, please submit payment and use the contact form below to sign up.
If you prefer to mail a check, please specify in the contact form below.