This unique blend of essential oils was created to help reduce the signs and symptoms of a cough and cold.
To prepare, gather and mix equal parts of the below essential oils:
- Eucalyptus – breaks up mucous, opens up the airways and fights viral and bacterial infections.
- Cypress – stimulates the immune system and prevents viruses from entering cells in the airways. It also breaks up mucous and opens up the airways.
- Lavender – reduces airway spasms and breaks up mucous. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Melaleuca – can help clear the ear-nose-throat region of viral and anti-bacterial infections.
- Thyme – contains powerful anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties in addition to clearing mucous.
- Fir – helps to clear and open up the airways.
Essential oils should be packaged in dark colored glass to filter out ultra-violet light and stored in a cool, dark place to keep them safely away from heat and children.
Age guidelines and usage:
- 6-24 months of age: Put 1-2 drops of essential oil mixture into a humidifier or essential oils diffuser and diffuse indirectly into the air in the room. You may also put one drop into the source of steam in a shower or another area for a steam bath. It should not be directly applied or inhaled in children under 2 years of age.
- 2-6 years of age: Diffuse indirectly in the air as above or put 1-2 drops in a tablespoon of a carrier oil of your choice (i.e. fractionated coconut oil, sesame oil, olive oil) and massage onto the chest area.
- 6 years of age and older: Directly inhale the essential oil mixture for the most potent effect. You may also put 1-2 drops in a bowl of steaming water or in a nebulizer and inhale the mixture.
Always consult your physician or health care provider before administering or using essential oils, especially when pregnant or breastfeeding. This unique blend was created by Dr. Pejman Katiraei of Wholistic Kids and Families.