As a follow up to Crystals and Gemstones for Childbirth, Postpartum & Beyond, I wanted to write about Crystals for Kids. Naturally attracted to the beauty and energies contained within the stones, I started collecting crystals and tapping into their healing and balancing properties at a very young age. Creating a crystal meditation for kids is a fun way to teach children how to be mindful and will foster healthy habits, positive thinking and tranquility. It connects them to their imagination, peacefulness and well-being by holding and using them.
For thousands of years, ancient civilizations have utilized the power of crystals to release mental, physical and spiritual blockages, thus facilitating the free flow of energy throughout the body. According to Energy Muse, our bodies and quartz crystals are both made up of mineral silicon-dioxide on a cellular level. Because of this, we are naturally receptive to the vibrations of crystals as they transmit, reflect, store light and receive energy. When crystals are placed directly on your body, they have a powerful vibratory effect that surges from the crystal to you. According to the law of physics, thoughts direct energy and energy follows thought. Crystals and gemstones serve as a tool to help the thoughts of our consciousness connect with our bodies.
Energy Muse has created a Crystal Meditation for Kids Kit which includes a Fluorite point, two Fuchsite stones and a Quartz crystal point. Green Fuchsite is often called the fairy stone because of the gold glittering “fairy dust” the crystal leaves behind. It connects children with their imagination and the magic that surrounds them, encouraging relaxation, fun and joyfulness. Fluorite is said to be the home to rainbows, bringing positive energy and light. It also acts as a “vacuum cleaner” for negative energy, anxiety and stress. The clear quartz point activates the field around a child to create a calm and loving energy.
I started using this kit with the boys as part of their bedtime routine or when I would like them to be calm and relaxed. I begin by laying the boys down comfortably and waving a Selenite cleansing crystal about a foot over their bodies from head to toe a few times before performing the circling to cleanse their energy fields. Then I place the Fluorite point on their third eye, in between the eyebrows, with the point facing upwards towards the top of their head. Next, I have them hold the Fuchsite stones in their hands. Lastly, I take the Quartz point and draws three circles around their bodies to connect and unite the energy of the crystals on their bodies. They are mesmerized by these crystals and the sense of peacefulness that they bring!
Incorporating crystals for kids is easy – they can be worn on the body as jewelry (amber teething necklaces have become really popular), larger stones can be tucked inside a dream pillow, placed directly on the body or held during meditation, or placed on a high shelf in the bedroom. I use different stones to guide my children through meditation, healing and playfulness. I put together a selection of beginner crystals for kids with their unique attributes.
- Amethyst – Considered a master healing crystal to purify and transmute negativity. Comforting for children who are in the midst of a transition such as a growth spurt, parent going back to work, moving or starting a new school. Placing a piece of Amethyst on a child’s nightstand or under a pillow calms the mind, reduces stress and promotes restful sleep.
- Apache Tear – Helps children with any form of sadness. When you hold a small piece up to the light you can see through it. However, if you have been using the Apache Tear to absorb negative emotions, you will see it cloud up and become opaque. Sometimes it will clear up after the grieving is over.
- Aventurine – This green crystal is loving, embracing, and protective of the heart. Children who are shy, timid, or suppress their leadership qualities would benefit from this stone’s ability to helps initiate action on one’s own accord. Aventurine is also said to open up the lungs and provide some relief for respiratory ailments.
- Black Tourmaline – Clears any negative energy or blockages in the home and body. Absorbs electromagnetic frequencies and environmental pollution.
- Blue Lace Agate – One of the best crystals for relieving stress, anxiety and tension. Especially helpful for children who are argumentative and have a short temper. It promotes self-regulation and more peaceful communication.
- Carnelian – Encourages love between parents and children. Also used for dermatological ailments such as eczema and acne by holding the stone over the skin and moving it in circles for several minutes, several times a day. Carnelian allows kids to enhance concentration and stimulate creativity.
- Clear Quartz – A general all-purpose healing crystal that vibrates pure white light to unblock, purify and amplify energy and helps to manifest intentions. It can also transform a disharmonious thought pattern, negative emotional state.
- Citrine – A stone of light, happiness and abundance. Most powerful for manifestation. Useful for self-esteem, self-confidence and happiness.
- Fluorite – Fluorite is home to rainbows and invites positive and calming energy in. When we aren’t using using our fluorite point for meditation, we can place it on a windowsill where it is out of reach and it brings beautiful rainbows into the room. Fluorite is also known to neutralize negative energy and restore balance and order.
- Fuchsite – Known as the fairy crystal, as it leaves green and gold sparkling flecks like fairy dust and connects children to the magic that they still believe in. It is a powerful healing stone that encourages joyfulness, relaxation and miracles.
- Hematite – The ultimate grounding stone for the body. When it touches your skin, you immediately feel more balanced, calm and centered. Provides protection and dispels negativity. Gives children strength and courage.
- Jade – Wonderful for emotionally sensitive children who need support to ensure that intense feelings do not overwhelm them. Jade enhances self-assurance and self-reliance is very inspirational in helping one achieve one’s desires in life.
- Lapis Lazuli – An incredible stabilizer for children who show psychic gifts early in life. The deep blue color stimulates expansion of consciousness, promoting purification and clarity of spiritual insight. This stone is highly prized for its protective powers and instills self-acceptance of one’s given gifts.
- Moonstone – The twinkling and reflective nature of Moonstone stones creates a soothing visual wonder for children. It is a soothing and gentle stone that helps to prevent nightmares and help children with sleeping problems establish a more regular sleeping rhythm.
- Orange Calcite – Assists in dissolving fears and building self-esteem and courage. Helps children to achieve their best potential.
- Pyrite – Children are attracted to its shiny brassy surfaces. Pyrite is like a small mirror, reflecting negative energy away. It also instills a feeling of physical empowerment.
- Rhodonite – Often called the Rescue stone. Children should rub it in his or her hand when feeling impatient. Brings about a feeling of calm, compassion, forgiveness and helps to release fear.
- Rose Quartz – A beautiful pink crystal with a gentle and loving energy which helps children learn unconditional love, forgiveness, and compassion. Soothes erratic emotional states, compulsive behaviors, stress and anxiety. Its gentle positive vibrations helps to keep the Heart chakra open, vital and protected.
- Sunstone – Carries the light and happy energies of the Sun. A protective stone that helps children who are feeling possessive.
- Tiger’s Eye – A protective and grounding stone that helps kids sharpens their senses, enhance clarity, and aid in good decision making.
I went through a difficult transition in my twenties and discovered a beautiful 4th Chakra necklace by Energy Muse. I truly believe this powerful necklace helped to heal my heavy heart. Now, I am excited to team up with Energy Muse to giveaway a Crystal Meditation for Kids Kit!
For rules of entry, go to the @naturealmom Instagram page and find the Crystals for Kids & Energy Muse Giveaway post. You have until Friday night, November 27, 2015 at 11:59 PST to enter. Good luck!
Product reviews and giveaways are in accordance with Natureal Mom’s disclosure policy.