I have been drawn to crystals and gemstones since I was a child. They are one of Mother Earth’s most beautiful and awe-inspiring objects of desire. Beyond their beauty, each stone possesses a profound mystical and healing benefit that can manifest energies to create abundance, healing and harmony in your life.
When selecting crystals and gemstones, choose one that offers a vibrational match to your frequency. This is best accomplished by holding the crystal in your hand (if you’re buying it online thinking about holding it) and stating your purpose in an affirmative sentence such as, “I want to birth with confidence” as opposed to “I want to stop feeling scared of birth.” Affirmative sentences allow the flow of energy while negative sentences trigger resistances. Close your eyes while stating your purpose so you can focus inward. Once you have found the crystal, make a conscious decision to let yourself be open to its influence.
I selected the below crystals and gemstones to assist me in my unique and personal journey with my youngest child, but there are many others used to aid in fertility, pregnancy, birth and postpartum. Be sure to investigate ones that resonate with your purpose or intention. Use your local metaphysical store or bookshop as a guide or read this wonderful book, The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach.
- Amethyst. Believed to offer protection and stability, divine connection, purification, release tension, relieve physical and emotional pain.
- Black Onyx. Provides protection, increases wound healing and gives a mother-to-be stamina and strength childbirth. In many cultures, women in labor are given bags of onyx stones to hold while they are in labor to help relieve pain and speed the birthing process.
- Bloodstone. Promotes healing and strength. A powerful aid to revitalization when the body and mind are exhausted. Believed to prevent miscarriage and used during childbirth to ease labor pain.
- Carnelian. It is believed to protect the wearer from negative emotions and restores motivation, energy, courage and self-esteem. Helps women to work on any fears concerning pregnancy and childbirth.
- Chrysocolla. Empowerment of goddess energy. Eliminates fear-based thought. Brings peace to the mind and heart. Helps one accept with serenity situations that are constantly changing. Reduces mental tension and alleviates some of the pain associated with labor and eases childbirth.
- Lapis Lazuli. Unleashes the inner spiritual queen within, enhances intuition and self-truth. Quickly releases stress, bringing peace, harmony and deep inner self-knowledge. Helps the body reduce the physical stresses caused by pregnancy. In the 17th century, ultramarine pigment made from crushed lapis lazuli was added to a potent medicine called Alkermes Syrup and was given to women who experienced difficulties during childbirth.
- Larimar. Promotes tranquillity and serenity. Soothes frazzled nerves and diminishes stress and fear. Reduces the tendency to become over-critical of yourself and others. Encourages letting go and allowing things to happen rather than trying to control every outcome. Retunes innate femininity and restores connection to nature. Said to alleviate post-partum depression and relax the stress associated with parenthood.
- Malachite. A powerful emotional cleanser helping to remove past traumas and negative emotions. Known as the “midwives stone” as it helps to stimulate contractions, ease labor pains and facilitates a safe childbirth.
- Moonstone. Gem of the High Priestess, self-discovery, deep insight, harmony in relationships, soothes emotions. Helps to relieve stress, fear and tension during childbirth. Believed to aid contractions and promote healthy lactation.
- Moss Agate. Believed to be a stone of new beginnings helping to release you from deep-seated fears and blockages that might be holding you back. Increases hope and optimism, improves self-esteem and self-confidence. A birthing crystal, Moss Agate assists midwives in their work, lessening pain and ensuring a good birth.
- Orange Calcite. Promotes positive thinking and clears feelings of stress, fear and tension. May be helpful energetically healing the reproductive system.
- Peridot. Opens the mind to new levels of awareness. Banishes lethargy, apathy and exhaustion. Helps release burdens, guilt and obsessions. Enhances confidence and assertiveness. Enables you to take responsibility for your own life. Encourages renewal and a fresh start. Said to be helpful during childbirth by stimulating contractions and opening the birth canal. Can also help to dispel postpartum depression.
- Picture Jasper. Alleviates fear and protect against pain during the process of childbirth.
- Quartz Crystal. Known as the Master Healing Crystal because it contains the full spectrum of light and works on every level to bring the body into balance. Strengthens and stabilizes the body’s energy fields and promotes harmony. Amplifies positive thoughts and stimulate positive action when it is needed. Helps release negative energy absorbed from other people and helps fight feelings of inadequacy.
- Rose Quartz. Provides emotional balance, security and peace. Used as a protective gemstone during childbirth and pregnancy, it allows you to truly embrace unreserved love and the magic of childbirth, allowing you to connect deeply with yourself, your baby and the whole universe.
- Serpentine. Activates kundalini energy and moving forward from the past with strength and confidence. Said to help you to feel more in control of your life and to help correct emotional and mental imbalances and promotes inner peace.
Crystals and stones emit and absorb energy so it is important to cleanse them bringing them back to a neutral state. This can be achieved by smudging them with sage or burying them in the dirt. Putting them outside under the sun or moon will reenergize them, also allowing them to return to a neutral state of energy.
The crystals and stones you select can be used as a focal point in childbirth or a layout can be created under your bed to protect them and keep a constant energy flow. The stones can either be placed according to your intuition or in a circle with a Moonstone or Rose Quartz in the middle. A circle is a beautiful way to represent unbroken loving energy and the circle of life.
The information provided in this post is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be taken as professional medical advice.