“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers – strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”
~Barbara Katz Rothman
I am a DONA Certified Birth Doula, UCSD Certified Lactation Educator Counselor and ICEA Trained Childbirth Educator serving women and families in the greater Los Angeles area. My passion for holistic wellness combined with the desire to nurture women and help them reclaim their births inspired me to become a doula.
Birth is a sacred and transformative event that is imprinted on a woman’s life forever. The memories of a child’s birth is among the most vivid memories a woman will ever have. I guide women to embrace the interconnection between mind, body, and spirit, nourishing all aspects of the childbearing year and transition into motherhood.
I am committed to providing individual and non-judgmental support to mothers and families in their unique journeys through pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding. I am passionate about helping parents explore and articulate their preferences by providing evidence-based information so parents can make the best possible choices for their families.
Labor & Birth Support Doula Services
- Once complimentary consultation
- Two scheduled prenatal visits
- Birth preference sheet assistance and formatting
- Access to lending library of birth and breastfeeding related resources
- Informational emails on topics related to pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and newborn care
- Unlimited support via phone, text or email
- Local referrals and resources
- On call 24/7 two weeks prior to the estimated due date and stay on call until the birth
- Continuous physical, emotional and informational support during labor and up to two hours after the birth
- Assistance with creating a calm and peaceful space at the hospital, home or birth center
- Comfort measures such as breathing, massage, aromatherapy, changing positions and counter-pressure
- Explanation of any proposed interventions to allow parents to make informed, consented decisions
- Support for partner in supporting the laboring mother
- Labor and birth photography (optional)
- Help establish initial breastfeeding and bonding between mother and baby immediately after birth
- One scheduled visit within the first two weeks postpartum to reflect on the birth, go over any breastfeeding questions, general newborn care and/or concerns. This visit is optional, though it is included with the services.
- Referrals as provided as needed
As a doula, I do not:
- Perform any clinical tasks. It is out of my scope of practice to perform cervical exams, fetal heart rate monitoring, take temperatures or blood pressure readings.
- Make decisions. I will provide information needed in order for my clients to give informed consent or refusal regarding care.
- Speak to the staff on my client’s behalf. It is my goal to empower my clients by helping them find their voice regarding their care. For this reason, I encourage a woman and her partner to speak directly to the care provider when expressing their birthing preferences.
- Project any of my own beliefs onto my client’s experience. I have the desire to help clients reach their birthing goals no matter what those goals may be. I will support my birth clients in the decisions that they feel are best for them and their family.
“Finding Lacey was the greatest gift fate could have sent us. She has a deep knowledge base and exudes a strong self confident understanding through her own experience as a mother. When things got down to the wire she went from a calming peaceful caregiver to a strong active member of our birth team. She brought so much more to the table than what I expected from a doula. We would not have wanted to do this without her.” – Brooke H.
“Lacey was so non-judgmental from the start. She supported whatever decisions I had already made, and helped me navigate the ones I had yet to make. She’s very nurturing and comforting and explained to me what was happening at each point and that is so helpful. My husband and I are so grateful to Lacey for keeping our delivery room a calm and focused place.” – Susan B.
“When we decided to have our second baby, I knew I definitely wanted to try for a VBAC. I truly believe that having Lacey as my doula was instrumental in helping me to achieve that goal. It isn’t something so easily put into words what and how Lacey helped us, but she really went above and beyond her call of duty. She gave tremendous love and support throughout the entire birth experience and we are truly grateful for helping us have such a positive experience.” – Ashley J.
If you have any questions or would like more information about my services or fees, please feel free to contact using the form below. Due to the nature of my business it may take me up to 24 hours to return your email.