Welcome! I am a DONA trained birth doula attending births in the greater Los Angeles area. As a birth doula, I provide continuous physical, emotional and informational support before, during and just after childbirth. My services are available to families planning a vaginal birth, cesarean birth, or VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) where and how mama feels safest and most comfortable. I believe every family’s birth preferences should be respected and supported.
Each woman and her partner have different desires and needs. I am passionate about helping parents explore and articulate their preferences, encouraging them to communicate those wishes to their care team, and helping them to experience a beautiful birth. For more information, please visit Birth Doula FAQ .
“Finding Lacey was the greatest gift fate could have sent us. She has a deep knowledge base and exudes a strong self confident understanding through her own experience as a mother. When things got down to the wire she went from a calming peaceful caregiver to a strong active member of our birth team. She brought so much more to the table than what I expected from a doula. We would not have wanted to do this without her.”Brooke H, Los Angeles
“Lacey was so non-judgmental from the start. She supported whatever decisions I had already made, and helped me navigate the ones I had yet to make. She’s very nurturing and comforting and explained to me what was happening at each point and that is so helpful. My husband and I are so grateful to Lacey for keeping our delivery room a calm and focused place.”Susan B, Los Angeles
Care package includes:
- Free initial consultation / interview to answer questions and determine if my style fits your needs.
- 1-2 prenatal visits during which we discuss your birth preferences, desires, concerns, review available options throughout your birth journey and spend time becoming comfortable with each other.
- Information packet which includes materials and resources during pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum.
- Unlimited, responsive phone and email support during your journey.
- Access to my lending library of pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding related books and videos.
- On-call, 24/7, for two weeks prior to your guess date & two weeks after.
- Use of my back up team in the unlikely event that I am unavailable for your birth.
- Prenatal Breastfeeding and/or Childbirth Classes available at a reduced rate.
Labor & Birth
- Continuous non-judgmental support from early active labor or when you feel you need my support.
- Explanation of any proposed interventions so birthing parents can give informed consent or refusal.
- Comfort and coping techniques including hot and cold compresses, changes in position, massage, use of a birth ball, counter-pressure, affirmations, visualization, breathing, rebozo, aromatherapy, crystal and gemstone therapy and more.
- Support of birth partner so he or she may in turn support and encourage the birthing mother.
- Any photos and videos I am able to capture.
- Support until 1-2 hours after childbirth including breastfeeding assistance if desired.
- One scheduled postpartum visit within two weeks of the birth to:
- Review the birth.
- Answer questions / address any needs you may have including referrals.
- Provide a complete breastfeeding evaluation.
- Continued phone and email support.
- Breastfeeding Consultations at a reduced rate.
My current care package is $850.
Because I take a limited number of clients a month, please contact me to discuss availability around your estimated due date. If I am already scheduled then I am happy to refer you to other qualified doulas in the area.
My Training & Education
- DONA International Birth Doula Training with Ana Paula Markel at BINI Birth
- Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas with Ana Paula Markel at BINI Birth
- ICEA Childbirth Education Teacher Training with Ana Paula Markel at BINI Birth
- Lactation Educator & Counselor Certification with Gini Baker at UC San Diego
- Raiders of the Lost Arts: Breech, VBAC & Twins with Dr. Stuart Fischbein
- Shades of Blue: Maternal Mental Health, Prevention & Treatment
- Waterbirth Certification Workshop with Barbara Harper at Waterbirth International
- Bachelor of Science at Northern Arizona University
Memberships & Organizations
- Director of Public Relations, Doulas Association of Southern California
- DONA International
- Holistic Moms Network
- Attachment Parenting International
- Natural Parents Network
For more information please see Birth Doula FAQ or contact me using the form below. Thanks for visiting!