‘Tis the season for dry, itchy, dull skin! If you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you know I’m particular about what I put in or on my body. Skin is the largest organ in our bodies, absorbing 60% of what touches it– that’s more than we absorb through ingesting. I have yet to find a good body moisturizer that meets my standards for safety and that I like, so I was intrigued when Grace Green Beauty reached out to see if I would like to review one of their boxes. Before I agree to review anything for myself and my readers, I thoroughly check out the company, products, ingredients, packaging and where and how it’s made.
Much like I started Natureal Mom out of a need after Judah was born, Temple Grace created Grace Green Beauty after her first child was born to ensure that anything that came into contact with his skin was not only harmless, but also beneficial. To her surprise, fulfilling this simple need was anything but simple, so she turned to Mother Nature to create a line of organic and natural skincare products for the whole family.
There are no nasty parabens, petro-chemicals, phthalates, sulfates, artificial preservatives, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances in these handmade products. The ingredients are mostly certified organic and are otherwise non-GMO, cruelty-free and have never been tested on animals. Equally important, they are packaged in recyclable glass to ensure freshness, environmentally-friendly processes are used and a portion of the proceeds are gifted to a new cause every month.
I chose to review the GraceBody Box which comes in a reusable wooden box and contains Restore: a botanical aloe-vera soap, a good-sized Natural Fiber Exfoliating Wash Cloth, and BodyFood: a “head-to-toe anti-aging super food for your skin” that is made with an array of organic raw, cold-pressed oils and butters “small enough to penetrate and rejuvenate skin at the cellular level.”
Before showering, I usually dry skin brush but when I’m pressed for time I lather up the exfoliating wash cloth with the soap and it gets the job done. I expected the cloth to be scratchy and harsh against my skin but it’s soft and does a good job at exfoliating my dry skin. The botanical soap is lovely and mild. It has a light scent with a hint of camphor. Thanks to aloe vera and cocoa butter, it doesn’t irritate or dry out my sensitive skin like some soaps can. The Body Food comes with a little stick to mix up the product (if you’re familiar with raw natural products, then you know consistency can vary with temperature and other factors). I warm it up in my hands (a little goes a long way) and massage into slightly damp skin. My skin drinks it up as if it were to say, “thank you!” It feels and smells sooo good. It has just the right amount of Patchouli oil (a perennial that is a member of the labiatae family, which includes some of my favorites– lavender, mint and sage) that isn’t overwhelming to my sensitive nose. For this reason I usually opt for unscented products, but this subtle and earthy scent is pleasing and calming to my senses. For those who do not want any scent, Naked BodyFood is available. You could also customize your own scent by adding a few drops of your favorite essential oils. I take the excess product on my hands and dab it under my eyes and run the rest through the ends of my hair. Taking a few minutes in the morning for self-care and lovingly massaging BodyFood into my skin helps me stay more grounded, calm and comforted throughout the day. I’m definitely a fan and am excited to check out the rest of the line.
Grace Green Beauty is teaming up with Natureal Mom to give away a Grace Box! One winner will receive one box of their choice:
- CLEAN oil cleanser. The superhero of cleansers. Perfect for all skin types! Especially oil and acne prone skin!
- PEACEful Face Nourishment. Anti-aging moisturizer that suits even the most irritated and reactive complexions. Achieve balance.
- TheSerum. Anti-aging super serum. Neutralize free radicals, minimize fine lines and wrinkles and averts cellular damage from occurring. Use alone or add a few drops to your moisturizer (teaser size)
- ReAct Facial Exfoliant. Full-strength, holistic facial exfoliant (teaser size)
- Restore Botanical soap
- Natural Fiber Exfoliating Wash Cloth
- BodyFood + Stir stick
- ShinyHiney Baby Wipe Solution. A safe, gentle + effective baby wipe solution.
- ShinyHiney Applicator Bottle. 8oz bottle with 25 grams of ShinyHiney included. Simply fill remaining bottle space with your own water and use.
- Bamboo Fiber Cloth Wipes. 12 folded 11×10 reusable bamboo towelettes. Wash up to 100 times. Made from organic bamboo. Bacteria resistant, multi purpose cloth.
- GraceBaby Chewy. Raw wood baby teether wrapped with organic cotton and rubbed with organic coconut oil with a touch of organic cinnamon.
For rules of entry, go to the @naturealmom Instagram page and find the Grace Green Beauty Review & Giveaway post. You have until Friday night, December 11, 2015 at 11:59 PST to enter. Winner will be announced on December 12, 2015. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only. Good luck!
Product reviews and giveaways are in accordance with Natureal Mom’s disclosure policy.