The healing combination of immune boosting garlic, digestion aiding ginger, pH balancing citrus and circulation boosting cayenne warms you up from the inside out and helps you stay strong!
- 1 clove of garlic*
- 1 inch freshly chopped ginger root
- 1/2 lemon
- cayenne pepper
- purified water
- raw mānuka honey
- Peel and crush garlic.*
- Peel and chop ginger into chunks. In a small saucepan, bring ginger and water to a boil for 20 minutes.
- Pour hot ginger water into a large mug.
- Add crushed garlic to the mug. Steep 2 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the mug.
- Add a dash (really, just a dash) of cayenne pepper right into the tea and stir.
- Add 1 teaspoon raw mānuka honey and stir.
*To unlock the healing powers of garlic, it must sit for 10 minutes after being crushed and before being consumed. A sulfur-based compound called alliin and an enzyme called alliinase are separated in garlic’s cell structure when it’s whole. Crushing garlic ruptures the cells and releases these elements, allowing them to come in contact and form a powerful new compound called alliicin, which not only has numerous health-promoting benefits but is also what gives garlic its pungent aroma and “bite.”
Cheers to good health!