This healing combination of immune boosting garlic + digestion aiding ginger + pH balancing citrus + circulation boosting cayenne helps your immune system stay strong and warms you up from the inside out. It ‘s quite tasty and should be enjoyed sip-by-sip!
- 1 clove garlic
- ginger root
- 1/2 lemon
- purified water
- raw honey (optional)
- Peel and crush garlic.
- Peel and chop ginger into chunks. Place at the bottom of a large mug.
- Pour hot water into the mug over the chunks of ginger. Steep for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Squeeze half of the lemon into the mug.
- Add a dash (really, just a dash) of cayenne pepper right into the tea and stir.
- Add 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
Note: To unlock the healing powers of garlic, it must sit for 10 minutes after being crushed. A sulfur-based compound called alliin and an enzyme called alliinase are separated in garlic’s cell structure when it’s whole. Crushing garlic ruptures the cells and releases these elements, allowing them to come in contact and form a powerful new compound called alliicin, which not only has numerous health-promoting benefits but is also what gives garlic its pungent aroma and “bite.”
Cheers to good health!