Judah got three very itchy bug bites and I remembered a natural remedy that works like a charm! I also use the same remedy as a weekly facial mask to eliminate toxins and it leaves my skin smooth and glowy.
Here’s what to do:
- Mix equal amounts of bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar into a paste.*
- Draw a circle around the redness of the bite to measure the swelling.**
- Apply the paste and spread it evenly onto the affected area.
- Allow it to dry, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove with a warm, soft cloth.
*Bentonite Clay should not to come into contact with metal as it will reduce its effectiveness. I use a glass bowl and wooden spoon to mix.
**If the redness is further outside the circle you drew in step 2, go to a health care physician immediately as the bite may have become infected by an outside pathogen.
I also whipped up this concoction that’s great for when on-the-go (traveling, camping, etc). Judah has been carrying a little jar around with him because it smells so good!
- 1 Tablespoon unscented lotion
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- 10 drops clove essential oil
- 5 drops roman chamomile essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
Mix all ingredients in a small glass jar and apply to the affected area, as needed.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.