These superfood berry chocolately truffles demand attention and appreciation. The inherent guilt-free richness of açaí and cacao announce decadence before a single bite is even consumed. I dare you to eat one in less than two bites!
- 1/2 cup açaí powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3/4 cup packed soft Medjool dates (about 7 or 8), pits removed
- 1 tablespoon raw smooth almond butter
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except for the cacao nibs in a food processor and process until a dense dough has formed. Add the nibs and pulse a couple of times to combine, leaving in some textural crunch.
- A heaping teaspoon at a time, roll into 1-inch balls. Place on a plate and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving. Always serve chilled, or truffles will be too soft. Makes 16 truffles.
Optional: Roll truffles in a plate of açaí powder and/or coconut to dust exterior before refrigerating.
Suitable for Raw, Paleo, Vegan and Gluten-free diets.