This banana-hemp granola recipe is from one of my new fave cookbooks, Superfood Kitchen by Julie Morris. It’s easy to make and so delicious. I let my toddler mash the bananas and he gets really excited when he smells a fresh batch baking in the oven. It’s heavenly!
- 2 mashed bananas (very ripe)
- 7 Medjhool dates
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 3 cups oats (gluten-free oats optional)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Preheat oven at 300°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the mashed bananas, dates, vanilla extract, and sea salt into a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth (bananas and dates should blend), stop for a second to add the almond butter and then blend again briefly.
- In a separate bowl place the hemp seeds and the oats. Pour the banana blend on top, and mix until all is well coated.
- Spread the mixture on the cookie sheet evenly and put in the oven for 30 minutes (set a timer).
- After 30 minutes, take out the tray and flip the chunks with a spatula. Also, break the ones that are very big into smaller pieces so that it becomes crunchy.
- Leave in for another 20-30 minutes.
- After it has cooled down, transfer to a glass container.
Serving suggestions: almond milk, greek yogurt, sliced bananas, berries, cacao nibs