This salad is full of simple nutrient dense ingredients and is light but satisfying. You can make it ahead of time, keep it in the refrigerator and have a great option ready to go for a snack or light meal.
- 1 15 oz can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups cherry tomatos, sliced in half
- 1 large bunch of parsley, tough stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup water (more if needed)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa or couscous.
- While cooking, prepare the dressing. With an emersion or regular blender combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Taste test and add anything that may be missing.
- In a large bowl combine the couscous with the chickpeas, tomatoes, onion and parsley.
- Scoop a healthy portion of the salad onto each plate and drizzle with dressing.