With its crunchy golden topping and flavorful blend of tart cranberries and sweet apples and pears, this dessert makes a refreshing finish to hearty cold-weather meals.
- 7 1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples &/or pears
- 5 cups fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup packed muscovado sugar
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour (coconut, brown rice, etc)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or Earth Balance, melted
- Coconut ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears, cranberries and sugar.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or ramekins for individual servings.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, pecans and salt; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until apples and pears are tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream.