This festive shake from Green Kitchen Stories only takes three minutes to make. It’s wonderful cold, or you can skip the ice cubes and gently heat in a sauce pan and have yourself a nice warming drink of holiday cheer!
- 1 cup raw almonds + 4 cups water OR 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 8 fresh dates or soaked dried dates, pitted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon + more for serving
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 4-6 ice cubes
1. Use almond milk or prepare your own by soaking the almonds overnight (8-12 hours) and peeling off the skin if you prefer. Place peeled almonds and water in a high-speed blender and mix until smooth.
2. Add sea salt, dates, spices and ice cubes and mix again. Pour immediately in glasses, dust with ground cinnamon or nutmeg and serve.
Makes 5 cups.