Super healthy and hearty, quinoa is spectacularly versatile. This delicious salad from the Gluten-Free Goddess makes a nice light and flavorful dish ideal for lunches, picnics and potlucks.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 good handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 large ripe pear or apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chilled chick peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Handful of pan toasted pecans
- Handful of dried cranberries
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Maple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine sieve. Place the quinoa in a saucepan or a rice cooker. Add 2 cups fresh water, and a pinch of sea salt. Cover and cook on a low simmer until all the water is evaporated and the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and place it into a large bowl.
- Add the baby spinach, pear or apple, chick peas and chopped parsley to the quinoa and fluff.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette, pour it over the quinoa salad and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Just before serving, add the toasted pecans, cranberries and lightly combine.