These delicious and nutritious spinach and quinoa patties from Green Kitchen Stories are a complete source of protein and are full of flavor. They can be enjoyed alone with a dollop of Greek yogurt, served on a bun or in a bowl. Best of all, kids love them!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa OR 2 ½ cups pre-cooked quinoa, (black, white or red)
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 4 eggs
- 7 oz feta cheese
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- sea salt & pepper
- coconut oil, avocado oil, butter, olive oil or ghee for frying
- To cook quinoa, place 2 cups water, rinsed quinoa and a pinch of salt in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a bare simmer and gently cook for about 15minutes, or until you see small tails on the quinoa seeds. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, place cooked quinoa, oats, eggs, feta cheese, chopped spinach, salt and pepper and combine until all is mixed. Place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Take out the mixture and form 10 to 12 patties with your hands. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the patties and fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of greens, tomatoes, soft boiled eggs, beans, etc. The patties keep for 3-5 days in the fridge and freeze well.