- 1/3 cup of melted butter or Earth Balance
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar (I used Sucanat. You can also use maple or date sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs or equivalent using a natural egg replacer
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (I used white unbleached whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup of regular or vegan chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350′F. Using a strip of parchment paper, line the bottom and two sides of an 8 X 8 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter and sugar in a bowl. Add the pure vanilla extract and the egg or egg replacer. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Note: the batter will be quite thick. If the mixture appears a little too thick, add another tablespoon of water.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries and vegan chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the blondies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a tooth pick inserted in the middle yields moist crumbs.
- Remove blondies from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove blondies from pan using parchment paper and allow them to cool on a wire rack. Once cool, cut blondies into squares.
Note: I doubled the recipe and used a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
Recipe credit: The Fig Tree ~ celebrating the best of both vegetarian and vegan cuisine.