- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, or two smaller sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 cups spinach
- 6-8 cups vegetable stock
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, sweet potato, quinoa, dried thyme, and cayenne pepper. Cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add 6 cups of vegetable stock and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in spinach. Season to taste.