The skin is the body’s largest organ, and has an amazing ability to absorb, filter toxins, and deliver nutrients to the body. It is also a visible sign of the health of the body as a whole.
When the skin has rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, acne, or other ailments, it can be a sign of deeper issues within the body, and will therefore push out toxins when other elimination organs (such as the gut, liver, kidneys, etc) are taxed or burdened.
Benefits of Magnesium Salt Baths
- Stress relief
- Muscle aches
- Increasing insulin sensitivity
- Improving circulation
- Better nutrient absorption
- Headache relief
- Speeding up wound healing
- During an illness (especially respiratory illness)
- Mineral absorption and improved sleep
- Acne, eczema or other skin ailments
- Joint pain relief
- Relieving poison ivy or skin reactions
- Improving skin hydration
I add a cup of Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes, a few tablespoons of Himalayan Pink Salt, half a teaspoon of Organic Vanilla and a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil to my toddler’s baths. Simply mix together the magnesium flakes and salt, and sprinkle with the vanilla and essential oil. Then add the whole mixture to a warm bath.
For adults, follow these measurement guidelines:
- 1-2 cups of magnesium flakes
- 1/2 cup Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil
For maximum absorption, soak for 30 minutes. For intensive therapy (illness, eczema, etc) these baths can be taken on a daily basis.
Be sure to check with your health care provider if you have any medical conditions. Photo via Peg and Awl.