I have been disappointed by mineral cosmetics in the past. The products have either irritated or dried out my sensitive skin, contained hidden chemicals or toxins, or looked caked-on and unnatural. I’m glad I discovered Ferro Cosmetics because all mineral make up is not created equal!
Founded by mother, cosmetologist, and celebrity make-up artist, Krissy Ferro uses only 100% natural ingredients to beautify, soothe, and nourish the skin. It’s refreshing to come by an honest company with high quality products, high standards and integrity. Things I love:
- Registered with EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database.
- Participated in the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics and earned Champion Status.
- Discloses all ingredients (including chemicals in “fragrance,” an ingredient in 40 percent of all personal care products which in the United States can be claimed as a trade secret, even when it contains hormone disruptors, carcinogens and other harmful chemicals).
- Contains ZERO toxins, bismuth, parabens, artificial dyes, fillers, chemicals, nanos or micron particles, preservatives, talc, fragrance, or other harsh ingredients.
- Cruelty-free, not tested on animals, vegan.
- Eco-conscious. Uses minimal packaging, sustainable materials, leaving a minimal carbon footprint by making smart energy choices.
- Gives back. Ferro Cares partners with charities that preserve human and animal rights, sustainability of the planet and freedom and empowerment of women and children.
Now that we can feel good about what we are putting on our skin, let’s get to the fun stuff!
Ultimate Mineral Foundation
I have tried many loose mineral powder foundations and have not been very pleased with the results. They feel heavy, settle into fine lines, dry out my skin and look caked-on and unnatural… so I didn’t know what to expect. I shook some of the powder onto the lid of the jar, swirled my brush into the powder, tapped off the excess, and applied onto my skin using a circular motion. I was pleasantly surprised by how much coverage I was able to get using such a small amount and it looked very natural. It evened out my complexion covering dark spots and redness and didn’t leave my skin feeling dry or tight. I also used it everyday for a few weeks before writing this review to make sure it didn’t break out my sensitive skin. Success!
I dipped my brush into Champagne (a pearly neutral) swirled it onto the lid of the jar, tapped off the excess and swept it on my entire eyelid. I did the same with Sungold (a warm brown) and swept it on the crease. I quickly blended and was pleased with how soft and natural it looked, especially for being so effortless. To get this look with other eye shadows, I usually have to apply, blend, re-apply, blend some more… it’s a process. As an added bonus, it stayed on throughout the day. Later that evening, all I had to do was moisten the application brush and dip it into into Dirt (a dark brown) to define my eyebrows and line my eyes for a more dramatic affect.
I used the Flawless Face Brush (made from cruelty-free, natural fine hair bristles) to apply Glow Baby Glow. This shade is almost a cross between a bronzer and a blush that gave my cheeks a sun-kissed glow and a subtle pop of color.
Crystal Mineral Veil
I used the Flawless Face Brush to dust Rose over my entire face giving it a nice radiant finish. I also tried their suggestion of mixing a little with my body moisturizer and applied it to my décolletage on date night for a sexy glow!
I’m more of a lip balm girl but I actually really like the Lip Glossamour in Bellini. It’s described as “not a pink, not a plum, but a perfect shade to give lips a kiss of natural lip color” which is spot on. Bonus points for making my lips feel soft and smooth and not sticky or gooey.
Ferro Cosmetics gets an A+ all around. As a busy mama, the products are quick and so easy to use, last all day requiring no touch ups, and truly look, feel and are good.