We let our babe go barefoot whenever possible. When he does wear shoes, we put him in minimalist shoes like Soft Star which are specifically designed for natural foot movement and healthy foot development. The wider design allows plenty of room for toes to wiggle around and spread out and the low profile, slip resistant soles helps to minimize trips when little ones are getting the hang of walking and running.
We’re onto our third pair of super soft Vegan Hotcakes which have been great for indoors and warmth and his Laguna sandals have gotten some good use in the warmer weather. I wanted a good pair of closed toe shoes that will carry into into Autumn and Winter so I was really excited when Soft Star sent us a pair of classic Dorados to check out!
Even though I’m already a fan of Soft Star shoes, I always share my honest opinions, experiences and findings in my reviews and never accept money to review products or services. For more information, check out my review policy.
Aside from being adorable, he’s able to walk in the Dorados easily and comfortably. The velcro strap at the ankle makes them easy to get on and off and the closed toe protects his little piggies from sticks, sand and pebbles. We also received a pair of removable sheepskin innersoles that are supposed to keep feet warm in cooler weather and wick moisture away in hotter weather. It sounds counter intuitive but it’s been in the triple digits here and they do seem to keep his feet dry. I also love the nutmeg color with forest green strap and yellow star!
We love Soft Star because…
- There are no toxic chemicals, dyes, or pollutants in these kicks! Only natural materials are used including formaldehyde-free leathers.
- They are one of the most environmentally and socially responsible companies out there.
- Each pair is handmade making them one of a few shoe manufacturers whose materials and production remain entirely in the US.
Also worth mentioning:
- You can Design Your Own shoes choosing from different colors, materials (including 100% vegan options) and motifs.
- A selection of soft and durable Waldorf and Montessori classroom shoes are available.
- Returns or exchanges are accepted on shoes that are in like-new, saleable condition, even on DYO!
The Elves at Soft Star are kindly offering Natureal Mom readers 10% off a pair of Dorados (Lilac, Nutmeg or Ultra Blue) now through Sunday, 8/12/2012 at 11:59 PM PST. Be sure to enter code: natureal10 when checking out!